Introduction to Indiana Defensive Driving Video Courses
Doing something for the first time is always a little intimidating. When it involves your driver’s license and safety on the road, it can be even more nerve-wracking. If this is your first time taking an Indiana defensive driving video course, we understand that you might have a few questions about the process. In an effort to simplify things for you, we have provided a guide for you below:
What is an Indiana defensive driving video course?
Indiana defensive driving is a program designed to reinforce safe driving knowledge in an effort to reduce the chances of being involved in traffic collisions. The Indiana defensive driving video courses use short movie clips and animations to present driver safety lessons in an engaging and entertaining way.
Who should take an Indiana defensive driving video course?
Everyone with an Indiana driver’s license can benefit from taking the course. Aside from any additional benefits, becoming a better, safer driver is a good idea from anyone who drives a vehicle in the state. Some people who could benefit even more by completing an Indiana defensive driving video program are those who:
- Have been ordered by the BMV or court to complete a Driver Safety Program.
- Have a Suspended Indiana Driver’s License.
- Have received more than one Indiana traffic ticket in the past three years.
- Want to protect their driving privileges by receiving a point credit.
- Are eligible for an auto insurance discount if they take a defensive driving course. (Check with your insurance agent.)
- Want to increase their safety while behind the wheel.
What are the benefits of completing the course?
Upon completion of an Indiana defensive driving program, you will be entitled some great benefits. Depending on your reason for completing the program, some of the rewards may include:
- A 4 point Driving Record credit for three years
- Reinstatement of your driving privileges.
- Dismissal of an Indiana traffic ticket.
- An auto insurance reduction.
- The skills to become a safer, more confident driver!
How does the course work?
Indiana defensive driving video programs are easy and convenient. We offer two different options:
- Instant online streaming video course
- Mailed physical DVD course
To complete the program, you’ll simply watch the videos and answer multiple-choice questions. The format allows you to complete the entire course from the comforts of your own home. Since you have the freedom to start and stop as your schedule allows completion is Fast, Easy and Convenient. At the end, you complete a final exam, which you will have unlimited options to pass. Once you graduate, we will process your completion and inform the Indiana BMV on your behalf. That’s all it takes!
What do you learn in Indiana defensive driving video courses?
You’ll learn everything you need to know to become a safer driver. The lessons taught should help reduce the risk of being involved in a collision and receiving Indiana traffic tickets. Some of the topics covered include:
- Defensive driving techniques
- Traffic signals and signs
- Indiana driving laws
- Driver attitude and behavior
- Indiana traffic statistics
- Driving for your environment
- Drugs, alcohol and DUI
- Vehicle maintenance
How can I get started?
Getting started is easy! Simply enroll Online or Over the Phone with one of our friendly 24/7 customer service representatives. All you’ll need is basic information about yourself and a few minutes of your time. Get ready to learn how to protect yourself and your loved ones every time you get behind the wheel!Register Now